An excellent question: Is there anything Lok’nStore cannot store for you (also known as: ‘Please can I put my pet elephant into self-storage’)?
Given that you can store almost anything at a Lok’nStore self storage facility, you might be surprised to find out, that there are a just few items that you cannot put into self-storage. To be fair though, it is not something you should worry about too much: Most of the items on Lok’nStore’s forbidden list are not the typical type of thing, that a householder or business would want to put into a storage unit in the first place. Remember: You can store almost anything at Lok’nStore self-storage centres, as long as it’s not perishable, flammable or illegal!
So what are examples of the items, that you cannot store at a Lok’nStore self-storage facility?
- ‘Can I store 200 punnets of strawberries and half a ton of freshly caught mackerel while I go off travelling around the world, for the next 6 months?’ – Now, let’s have a little think about that: While you are off gallivanting around the world sightseeing, your strawberries will have turned green, and your fresh mackerel will have developed a slightly unfriendly aroma! Unfortunately, you cannot put any perishable food or goods into storage at Lok’nStore.
- ‘Can I store all my spare petrol and diesel in a Lok’nStore storage unit, so that I’m covered for the next fuel shortage?’ - Obviously it goes without saying that you cannot store gas, petrol, diesel or anything flammable at a Lok’nstore storage facility.
- ‘I have recently brought a lorry load of fireworks from my mate Monkey Harris, and need storage for them. Can you help?’ – Once again, fireworks or explosives cannot be put into storage at Lok’nStore.
- ‘I represent a company that needs to store barrels of chemicals whilst the safety inspectors are at our factory. Can we use Lok’nStore please?’ – Dangerous chemicals are most definitely on the Lok’nStore forbidden list but ask your local Lok’nStore for free advice if you are unsure.
- ‘My name is “Robin Banks,” and I have a large consignment of used £20 notes that I need to store away for a bit till the heat dies down. How’s about letting me use your storage facility because I’ve never trusted banks <nudge nudge wink wink>?’ – You cannot store any items of an illegal nature at a Lok’nStore storage facility. Our staff have been highly trained to spot such items and are always on the lookout.
- ‘I recently purchased an African Elephant on eBay, and I’m struggling to find room for it at my home, as I live in a small cluttered 2 bedroom house. Could Lok’nStore rent me a Nelly sized storage unit?’ – As much as we might enjoy a menagerie of pets and animals in our centres, we would have to inform you: Animals are also on our forbidden list and cannot be put into storage. We might, however; suggest that you could clear out the clutter from your spare bedroom, and then put ‘these items’ into storage at a Lok’nstore centre? You could then squeeze Nelly into your spare bedroom – problem solved!
That’s it! The Lok’nStore forbidden items list is very small as you can see, and is only for the benefit, wellbeing and safety of our customers and staff, at our 22 storage locations. Please do give us a call if you have any questions about what you ‘can’ or ‘cannot’ store at a Lok’nStore facility. The staff at our storage centres are very knowledgeable about the world of self-storage, and may, in fact, be able to help you find alternative storage for your forbidden items at a more suitable location. For your nearest self-storage centre please visit our website storage location page or if you’re not sure to use our handy postcode locator, or give us a call on 0800 587 3322.